Food Vendor Applications
For consideration, the Application (opening September 1, 2022) must be submitted online no later than February 3, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
You will be notified of acceptance by email no later than February 24, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
Upon acceptance, required documents, total booth fees, and sub-business license fee will be due no later than March 10, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
No exceptions. No Refunds.
1. Your booth must commit to operate from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Friday and 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. Take down on Saturday will be after 4:00 p.m. No earlier.
2. You must provide your own booth materials, extension cords, water canopies, etc. Be prepared for rain or shine and wind.
3. You must provide ground surface protection – plywood is suggested and liners to place in trash cans in your booth. You will be responsible for cleaning your own immediate area throughout and at the end of each day and bagging your garbage. City crews may periodically pick up bags if available. All liquid or solid waste must be disposed of properly. It is illegal to dump into the storm drain.
4. Setting up/Check-in time: Thursday, April 6, 2022 after 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., and Friday, April 7, 2022, 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. at the Food Court areas. Booths remain up overnight and limited security will be provided. Please do not leave vehicles where they will cause traffic congestion.
5. No parking allowed in the Wells Fargo, Library or Tabernacle parking lots.
6. Regulations: Concessionaire agrees to strictly observe all laws and ordinances of the State of Utah, Washington County Health Department, and the City of St. George which in any respect relate to the business conducted by Concessionaire, together with all rules and regulations. Concessionaire will complete the City of St. George “Event Guidelines and Exhibitor/ Vendor Release Waiver and Indemnification Agreement” and provide insurance coverage as required. The City shall have the right to inspect at all reasonable times the premises occupied by Concessionaire. Willful violation of or failure to comply with any of said laws or regulations shall be cause for immediate cancellation of this agreement by the City.
7. Food Handlers Permit: The Concessionaire shall display a copy of a current or temporary Food Handlers Permit on their booth in a conspicuous location. Temporary permits may be obtained and associated fees paid through the Southwest District Health Department - Environmental Health Division, 620 S. 400 E., St. George, UT 84770, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., (435) 986-2580.
8. Each booth must be sturdy and designed in a way which presents a quality image. All booth designs, advertising, decorations, materials, sounds or music must be approved by this office prior to the event.
9. The Festival encourages all booth personnel to be dressed in some form of uniform or costume which adds to the quality of the Festival, and is in accordance with the type of food sold, and presents an attractive addition to the Festival. A full description or picture must accompany the application.
10. The Festival reserves the right to immediately remove any concessionaire who does not abide by Festival rules/guidelines.
11. A booth fee of $250 is due for each 10’ wide (frontage) x 10’ deep (minimum) location. Any oversized trailers, booths, etc. will be charged an additional booth space fee(s) of $25/foot. The total fee for each space reserved must be paid upon application/booth acceptance, to be received by no later than Friday, March 10, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
12. Acceptance to sell at this Art Festival does not guarantee acceptance at future Art Festivals. A new application must be made each year.
13. Booth application must be returned no later than February 3, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
After you are accepted, you must be prepared to provide the following:
1. City of St. George Event Guidelines and Exhibitor/Vendor Release Waiver and Indemnification Agreement [PDF Form Here]
2. Temporary Food Service Permit Application [PDF Form Here]
3. Copy of the Southwest Utah Public Health Permit [Sample PDF] [Temporary Food Service Establishments - Information PDF]
4. Copy of the Food Handlers Permit [Sample PDF]
5. City of St. George Sub-License Application [PDF Form Here] ($5.00 fee will be due SEPARATELY upon acceptance - in addition to the event booth fee)
6. Insurance: You must provide a certificate of insurance listing: [Sample Here]
- The City of St. George, Attn: Art Festival, 175 East 200 North, St. George, UT 84770 as an additional insured
- The name and dates of the event: St. George Art Festival - April 7-8, 2023. (Include April 6th if you will set up Thursday evening)
- Description of Operations must be worded exactly like the sample below:
"City of St. George is listed as an additional insured with respect to (name of insured) participation in the St. George Art Festival, April 7-8, 2022, located at 50 South Main, St. George UT 84770. The City of St. George is Primary & Non-Contributory for Ongoing & Complete Operations; a Waiver of Subrogation applies in favor of the City of St. George. A 30 day Notice of Cancellation will be provided should any of the above described policies be canceled before the expiration date."
● Make sure the required insurance limits are correct as mandated by City of St. George:
- General Aggregate $2,000,000
- Each Occurrence $1,000,000
- Damage to Property $295,000
Note: The City of St. George is no longer able to offer insurance.
Upon acceptance, items 1-6 listed above along with the following fees will be due by Friday, March 10, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.:
• The booth fee of $250.00 for each 10’ x 10’ space plus additional booth space fee(s) of $25/foot. (include tongue on trailers) (cash, check, credit/debit or money order)
• And a SEPARATE PAYMENT for the sub-business license fee of $5.00 (cash, check or Money order, NO credit or debit).
Inquiries may be sent to:
Community Arts Division
Art Festival - Food Booth
68 E. Tabernacle St.
St. George, Utah 84770